Monday 5 January 2015

New Year - New Sewing Adventures

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2014

In 2014, I returned to the blogging world after a long break, and I love it! I still struggle with planning and scheduling my posts (as evident by me not blogging at all in December. Oops.) as well as taking nice photos, but I'm working on it!
Here is a little collage of my finished AND blogged makes this year:

Blogged makes this year. I have a small rack of just-needs-a-hem makes and christmas gift makes that have yet to be blogged. 
2014 was also the year I moved from my dark, small basement room to a nice, big apartment with my boyfriend. I love it here, and my dedicated sewing corner makes it easy to sew in the evenings and weekends.

My beloved sewing corner and sewing machine.

I got to travel a bit to the Netherlands and in Northern Germany in 2014. My boyfriend and I went to Amsterdam in the spring and spent my birthday at an indoor fabric market in s'Hertogenbosch.
In the late summer, I took a trip to Flensburg with my mother and grandmother to attend the Stoffmarkt Holland. And lastly, my boyfriend and I had a short trip to Lübeck and Kiel just before Christmas to stroll the famous Christmas markets *swoon*.

Other highlights includes my very best friends wedding, my parents 25 year wedding anniversary, hosting a family gathering and a Christmas gathering of the danish LARP bard community and singing 18th century songs at the annual 1717-faire in Frederikshavn.


What will 2015 bring?

I am not a fan of new years resolutions, but here are some of my goals for the coming year:
  • I will "shop my stash" and use stash fabric and notions when possible (especially for historical garments).
  • I will try to sew a little bit every day, even if it is just 5 minutes.

The Historical Sew Monthly 2015 thedreamstress.com


Wish me luck ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment