Tuesday 12 January 2016

Goals and Resewlutions 2016

Goodbye 2015!

There is no denying that my poor little blog was neglected a bit in 2016, with only a handful of blog post being spread thin throughout the year.

Looking back at my "resewlutions" for 2015, I DID manage to sew almost everyday and used mostly stash fabric for my projects. My fabric stash size sadly does not show signs of this, as I bought a bit of fabric in London and got to shop the "trash" when we culled and cleaned my mother and grandmothers stashes this summer.

Both the Historical Sew Monthly and the Vintage Pledge turned out to be major fails for me. I managed to finish 6 historical items covering 3-5 HSM challenges, but only 2 have made it to the blog so far.

Hello 2016!

My goals for this year are mostly the same as last years. I will continue to sew a bit every day and use stash fabrics and notions whenever possible, and will participate in the Historical Sew Monthly as time will allow me. My biggest new goals will be to photograph and blog my makes more regularly, and to be less critical of myself and my sewing (see these posts by Karen and Heather)

Also, being inspired by Rochelle and Ginger, I have made a list of 9 new-to-me patterns I'd like to try in the coming year. 



From left to right and top to bottom, they are

1) Ohhh Lulu "Sarah" Longline Bralette

2) Orange Lingerie "Boylston Bra" (Christmas gift* from my boyfriend)

3) Named "Asaka" Kimono (Christmas gift* from my boyfriends parents)

4) Christine Haynes "Emery" Dress

5) Vogue 9040  Jacket, view A (with help from the Craftsy class)

6) Lekala 4263 Dress

7) Tilly's Love at First Stitch "Mimi" Blouse

8) Deer&Doe "Plantain" T-shirt

9) Sew Sweetness "Kennedy" Bag (or another bag)


* I also got a straight stitch needle plate, a piping foot and fabric shopping money for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment